Puerto Rico has once again reopened for tourism as of September 12th after a surge in COVID-19 cases caused a second shutdown.
The reopening will allow for the Puerto Rico’s beaches, theaters, casinos and gyms to once again open.
Governor Wanda Vazquez issued the executive order after a drop of almost 4000 COVID-19 cases compared to the previous month.
Puerto rico, officially the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico (Spanish: Estado Libre Asociado de Puerto Rico, lit. ‘Free Associated State of Puerto Rico’)[b] and from 1898 to 1932 also called Porto Rico in English,[c] is an unincorporated territory of the United States located in the northeast Caribbean Sea, approximately 1,000 miles (1,600 km) southeast of Miami, Florida. Puerto Rico is an archipelago among the Greater Antilles located between the Dominican Republic and the U.S. Virgin Islands; it includes the eponymous main island and several smaller islands, such as Mona, Culebra, and Vieques. The capital and most populous city is San Juan. The territory’s total population is approximately 3.2 million, more than 20 U.S. states. Spanish and English are the official languages of the executive branch of government, though Spanish predominates.
The following businesses have reopened at limited capacities:
Operating at 50% Capacity
- Nature reserves
- Golf courses
- Retails stores
- Grocery Stores
- Hair Salons
Operating at 25% Capacity
- Hotel Pools
- Puerto Rico Metropolitan Bus Authority
- Tren Urbano subway system
Puerto Rico Entry Requirements:
- All travelers must fill out the Travel Declaration Form before traveling to Puerto Rico
- All travelers from approved countries must present proof of a negative COVID-19 PCR test no older than 72 hours (From when test was performed until arriving in Puerto Rico).
- All incoming travelers should have travel insurance the covers COVID-19 for the duration of their trip to Puerto Rico.
The following countries are NOT permitted to enter Puerto Rico.
- All European Union Countries
Subscribe to my site for latest travel news and trip tips.